Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I've become interested in tanto/wakizashi/katana style edged weapons lately. I used a short tanto blade, and not a great one, to hack a limb off a live tree with amazing speed recently to create a stick to lure the dog back after an escape. This is a good blade style.

My friend Joe knows a lot about weapons, and gives me really good advice about the subject whenever I ask. He vetoed my shotgun adventure, and also my wakizashi experiment. He said stick with handguns, they are quick to deploy and fire in confined spaces. He's right, of course.

I'm still going to get the Ko Katana,though. Being half assed left handed, I am a decent shot one handed, either hand, and the same with a blade, either hand. I want to have the terror aspect of swinging the blade in the face of a home invader on my side as part of the last-ditch plan.

Joe doesn't know much about edged weapons anyway. I think this is a good addition to the mix.


Kazeko
http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/kaze-ko.html

No comments:

Post a Comment