Sunday, July 18, 2010

Auto Biography - 63 Plymouth Belvedere

So let's document my cars, from the beginning to now.

My first car was a 1963 Plymouth Belvedere. Researching the car, I was surprised to discover that it's a MOPAR hero. Mine was pretty pedestrian. Three on the column, steep gears.

I bought it from my high school phys ed teacher, Claire Foley for $25.00 in 1974. She had recently driven it from Nebraska to Cape Cod MA. It needed a new wheel bearing, otherwise it was fine.

It passed inspection after the wheel bearing was replaced at the local garage (Procopio's for you Cotuit folks, now defunct.). I had many adventures in Newport RI and elsewhere in this vehicle, adventures appropriate to a 16 year old with a car.

Here's a link to one that is nicer than mine was:

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mmo12005.html

Next: A big honking Plymouth muscle car.

1 comment:

  1. Whew! That was NOT a looker, but it sounds like a steal at $25 and a wheel bearing. Good idea for the blog, Bob! Keep it up. I wanna hear about the rest.

    ReplyDelete