Monday, March 01, 2010

The Weekends

Saw Crazy Heart in the local Googleplex last weekend. Not a great movie, but a good one, and I loved it because Jeff Bridges performance was brilliant. Nuanced, never over the top, but perfectly expressive (watch the subtle genius of his work when the Jean character closes the door in his face). He does his own singing in the film, and I like that. The cinematography is no big deal, but they shot Bridges really well, when you see it you'll know what I mean (no spoilers here).

It's a film that ended up being, to me, about the intentional kindness of the people around you, and I was charmed by that part of it. But see it for Bridges performance, and draw your own conclusions.

This past weekend it was The Crazies (or see the 1973 version first, if you are a completist). No characters were particularly charming in this movie, but it was good. Take a sense of humor with you and you'll enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment