Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Where's Bob?

In meetings.  New job. I have to throw myself into it full speed, so I have no time to blog or post on facebook.

My job is to architect a massively parallel data collection and transfer protocol (scheme). It's the fish and stream data, and more, you know?

I'm getting briefings on database structure decisions, application design decisions, application architecture decisions, metadata, and more. The discussion ranges out to religious and philosophical issues, but in a genteel way - it's mostly about getting me educated in their (my) systems. These are very smart people so it's easy to work with them. Software development methodologies intrude, because we all have ideas about that, but there is no conflict. Past decisions are up for review, down to root level design decisions, so everything is on the table. That's good.

Easy meetings, progress made; right now in this process, success is possible, even likely.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great opportunity. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really digging it. Be careful in the snow!

    ReplyDelete