Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Best 100 Albums - Before the Poison

I've been listening to music in the form of vinyl "albums" since I was a boy, starting with Led Zep in 1970. Now it's CD's and online, but they are still albums, individual works of art. I want to catalog the ones I think are good. I'll call them albums for this purpose.

Let's get to the first, "Before the Poison" from Marianne Faithfull.  PJ Harper, Nick Cave and Marianne Faithfull come together to create a brilliant album of songs that are lyrically a bit obtuse (a Good Thing), and musically restrained and at the same time as dense as they need to be for the content. Listen to the album and decide for yourself. It's the best album of 2004 in my book.

http://www.lala.com/#album/360569445168252670::msgToken=1H796207

No comments:

Post a Comment