Saturday, October 24, 2009

Todays Activities

Today was a dry run for my new life as a person with a normal day job. I'll be a data analyst for Bravo Health in Baltimore. The job leverages my large database/dataset experience, and I'm looking forward to it.

It means I can no longer go to the grocery store at 2.00 in the afternoon on a weekday to shop for supper, which has been a luxurious experience, and has become my habit.

So today was filled with errands and preparation for the upcoming work week. It was a dry run in awful rain, and the grocery store was awful and crowded.

Back to the working world, and I'm grateful to have a job that pays the bills.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new position. You'll probably miss the afternoon drives in the car, but everything is a trade off.

    We spent part of the rainy day in your neck of the woods - taking in some of the Halloween festivities at the Maryland Zoo - a highly under-rated zoo for people in the D.C. area who tend to go to the National Zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike. There are two bricks at the entrance to that zoo with my kids names on them. We went there a lot when they were younger. It's a good zoo.

    ReplyDelete