Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ford Roadster

Got these pictures of what I think is a 1930's (1932?) era Ford Roadster on 695 near Greenspring Ave. Clyde Barrow wrote to Henry Ford about the Ford V8 that was in this car and the larger sedan. Barrow had a pretty good sense of humor and irony (...when I could get away with one...freedom from trouble...).

Tulsa, Okla
10th April
Mr. Henry Ford
Detroit Mich.
Dear Sir: --
 
    While I still have got breath in my lungs I will tell you what a dandy car you make. I have drove Fords exclusively when I could get away with one. For sustained speed and freedom from trouble the Ford has got ever other car skinned and even if my business hasen't been strickly legal it don't hurt anything to tell you what a fine car you got in the V8 --
Yours truly
Clyde Champion Barrow






























You can see my Miata reflected in his pristine paint.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment