Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Today's Activities

While there's a lot going on in the world that I might have a word about later, I don't have that word today. I was busy. Here's what today held for me:

Visit with Annabelle. Always a huge pleasure, and her foot is better. Small mercies. We had lunch.

Friendly dispute with the carpet vendor about the new rug for the dining room. We need it to stage the house so it sells this summer. They couldn't bring up the price I had online on their computer. Taught them about cached web pages and there it was; all was well.

Technical discussion with the butcher about the last top sirloin, which was too tough. Bought another, had it for dinner, saved half of it to go cold over a big salad in a day or so, and it was perfect.

Cooler shopping for the miata. Need a way to keep a cool drink cool for more than five minutes with the top down in this hot weather, but it needs to be small and safely accessible while driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment